All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Engelsk-dansk ordbog

BETA Online Dictionary English-Danish: Enter keyword here!
 ÆØÅæ...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Dänisch-Englisch
 Important Phrase of a message needs translating... »
« Prisliste drift kunder    

English-Danish Translation of
Tattoo I have please

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
Tattoo I have please help  
by spacecadet1989, 2015-04-16, 03:45  Spam?  24.68.192....
I have a tattoo that I got in Danish that I had my Danish grandfather translate for me he hasn't spoken Danish much in the last 30 years so he may have missed translated it I don't really care tremendously if it's mistranslated because the whole point was just to have him do it But I am curious though how close it is the phrase is written in Danish on my arm but it is supposed to mean "if life seems under control you're not going fast enough"

It says "hvis livet synes under kontrol, du ikke ga hurting noch.
(I may have messed the spelling up on a letter or two) and the a in ga has a circle above it.
Thanks!!
Answer:
Almost there  #798792
by MyWay55 (DK), 2015-04-30, 14:51  Spam?  
The first part "hvis livet synes under kontrol" is a good translation, and it sounds poetic.  
The second part has the same meaning as in English, and the spelling would be: "du ikke gå hurtigt nok". The English word order seems to have influenced the translation, because in the Danish of today you would say "går du ikke hurtigt nok".

So the meaning is the same, and it's a sweet story.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
English-Danish online dictionary (Engelsk-dansk ordbog) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads