All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   IT   RU   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   TR   DA   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   PT   CS   HR   RO   |   more ...

Engelsk-dansk ordbog

BETA Online Dictionary English-Danish: Enter keyword here!
 ÆØÅæ...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Dänisch-Englisch
 Please check grammar in my Danish CV! Thank you »
« Information about a change in the guidelines re...    

English-Danish Translation of
skubbe du

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
skubbe du  
by Wiffle, 2015-12-14, 03:22  Spam?  31.51.255...
In a TV program I was watching a boy suggests to a girl that they had arranged to meet.
She disagrees..... in the subtitles she says 'were we?'  but she actually says what i'm guessing is 'skubbe du'
Would this be like 'push off' as used colloquially in English i.e. don't be ridiculous.
Or am I miles off ??

Would really appreciate any help.
Answer:
No idea  #827743
by MyWay55 (DK), 2015-12-16, 18:40  Spam?  
I've been thinking about it, and I can't get it quite right with what has been said in Danish. Maybe something like "skrub af"? Or something with "skulle". What TV program was it? Maybe that would help.
Answer:
.....  #827783
by Wiffle, 2015-12-16, 23:21  Spam?  86.184.43...
Ok it was series 1 episode 9 of The Bridge ..... but it is a Copenhagen scene (so presumably it would have been in Danish).....   a teen boy thinks he has been talking online to an old school girlfriend (he has actually been talking to criminal posing as her), then by chance he bumps into her in person and says 'Hey, we were supposed to meet later.'  she has no idea what he is speaking  about and says the "Skubbe Du" thing..... the translator has her reply as 'Were we?'  but I can't find anything in a Danish dictionary that seems likely, phonetically i thought the skubbe looked right.....but skulle is could?..... so maybe she said something like "should you?"..... i will have to look at it again and see exactly what he says to see if that fits.  I will report back when I have checked, thanks for your help so far. ;)  I liked 'The Killing' better but am hooked on Scandinoir.

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
English-Danish online dictionary (Engelsk-dansk ordbog) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads